Member News provides an opportunity for SDEE members to share news and announcements. This month's Member News Feature:
- Dexter Gaston, North County Biotech Laboratories
- Meredith Dow, Driven Staffing
- Marilyn Bruno, Aequor
- Stephanie Kurtz, Azzur Group
Dexter Gastonm, North County Biotech Laboratories
North County Biotech Laboratories (NCBL), North County San Diego’s premier provider of fully equipped, private, and secure laboratories with offices for development and growth of innovative, novel therapies and medicines, announced it has immediate openings at its Vista location. Designed for life science companies in need of an auxiliary lab while expansions are built, deadlines loom, or concepts need quick proof, free from potential security risks and cross-contamination that can arise in benchwork environments, NCBL offers labs with BSL2 and BSL2+ safety practices. No other single-tenant labs for lease in San Diego meet this important biological safety level. For more information visit www.northcountybiotechincubator.org.
Meredith Dow, Driven Staffing
Long-time Small Business Member, Driven Staffing, Inc. celebrated it’s 8 year anniversary on June 13th this year!
Marilyn Bruno, Aequor
Aequor raised funds last month from Seldor Capital, bringing our Seed investments to $1.25M.
Our latest speaker presentations and awards were:
- May 18, 2021 - Marilyn presented Aequor's products and services at the European Innovation Council's Greenhouse Gas Programme for advancing green solutions in the Health, Chemicals and Pharma Industries
- May 20, 2021, Cynthia was accepted as a registered stakeholder in the EU Safe and Sustainable by Design (SSbD) Initiative
- June 15, 2021 - Marilyn gave a presentation to NASA and the prime contractors at the Marshall Space Flight Center "Catalyst" event
- June 25, 2021 - Marilyn gave a presentation at the 2021 Leading Entrepreneurs of the World Conference - https://1businessworld.com/leading-entrepreneurs-of-the-world/leading-entrepreneurs-of-the-world-conference/.
- June 28, 2021 - Marilyn gave a presentation on "Methods to combat bacterial and fungal biofilm in infection and disease" at the International Antimicrobial Seminar In the Plastic Sector: Market, Tendencies & Opportunities”
- August 5, 2021 - Cynthia will be a speaker at the International Space Station R&D Conference on "Aequor’s Antimicrobial Biofilm Inhibitors for Environmental Control and Life Support."
Stephanie Kurtz, Azzur Group
The Azzur Group recently celebrated the Grand Opening of the newest Cleanrooms On Demand facility in Vista, CA. Azzur’s hybrid model includes turnkey GMP support: cleanroom facilities, materials management, storage, asset management, and supply chain solutions. The ribbon-cutting ceremony included representatives of Baird Capital, CleanSpace, San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce, Vista Chamber of Commerce, and local political and industry leaders.
Azzur will be hosting the Azzur Fore ALS Golf Tournament benefiting the ALS Therapy Development Institute on July 15th, 2021 in Oceanside.