Protecting & Enforcing Trademarks
Complimentary Lunch & Learn
June 26, 2019
12:00pm - 1:30pm
Location: BDO, 3570 Carmel Mountain Rd., #400, San Diego, CA 92130
What You Will Learn:
- When to use TM and when to use ®
- Creative approaches for expanding trademark rights beyond brand names & logos
- What to do if someone registers your trademark before you
- How to expand a trademark registration internationally
- Different approaches for policing your trademark
- Steps to stop trademark infringement
- Inexpensive strategies for enforcing trademarks on Amazon & eBay
Who Should Attend:
- Entrepreneurs interested in building and protecting their brands in the U.S. & abroad
- Corporate & General Counsels looking to develop a more in-depth understanding of U.S. & foreign trademark practice
- Advertising & marketing professionals that generate advertising copy & advise clients about the selection & proper use of trademarks
About our Speakers:
Ray Wagenknecht is a patent attorney with strong ties to San Diego's research and development community with 15 years of experience protecting and enforcing intellectual property rights. Ray's practice includes comprehensive patent and trademark representation, including patent and trademark prosecution, due diligence, freedom to operate (FTO) analysis, and trademark opposition proceedings.
Ray received his Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree from the University of San Diego School of Law (USD), and his Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Molecular Biology from the University of California, San Diego (UCSD).
Antony Novom is a patent attorney with more than 18 years of experience counseling clients in all areas of intellectual property protection, prepares and prosecutes patent applications in a wide range of technologies, including biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, clean tech, biofuels, and electronic hardware.
Antony received his Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree from California Western School of Law, San Diego, and his Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Biochemistry from the University of California, San Diego (UCSD).
Wagenknecht IP Law Group is a full-service intellectual property boutique law firm representing corporations, universities, and nonprofit institutions. The Firm has consistently been recognized as a "Top Patent Firm" by Intellectual Property Today Magazine and was awarded "Best for Medical Device Patent & Trademark Protection" from Acquisition International.
**One hour of MCLE Credit is on request with the State Bar of California, pending approval**
This is a free event! RSVP to: “Andy” Kotner [email protected]
Please indicate food preference for Box Lunch – Chicken, Beef, or Vegetarian
3570 Carmel Mountain Rd
San Diego, CA 92130
Google map and directions