Member News provides an opportunity for SDEE members to share news and announcements. This month's Member News Feature:
- Aequor, Marilyn Bruno
- Aspen Biosciences, Mark Fortner
Aequor, Marilyn Bruno
- October 14, 2021 - Aequor's Biofilm Definition was posted online on the Global Antibiotic Research and Development Partnership (GARDP)'s Antimicrobial Encyclopaedia
- October 25, 2021 - Marilyn was interviewed by Mergermarket - Acuris Groupregarding Aequor's contributions to the bioeconomy - https://www.mergermarket.com/intelligence/view/intelcms-vpqzhm?utm_source=Notifications&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Alert&utm_term=60187bfb0fc5a1002bfe2c50&userAlertProfileSysId=&ssouid=C1ED4D81-5AC4-412A-B993-B15ADA22B010
- October 26, 2021 - Aequor was on the Biotechnology Innovation Organization's BioDefense Policy Advisory meetings with Congressmen responsible for appropriations for medical countermeasures.
- October 28, 2021 - Marilyn was a panelist at the Advanced Bioeconomy Leadership Conference (ABLC) on the use of Aequor's water treatment in oilfield water remediation and also as crop protection in algae open ponds, including eliminating the problem of Amoeboaphelidiawithout harming the algae under cultivation. See October 26th "Hot Technologies" - https://biofuelsdigest.com/ablc/agenda/
- October 25, 2021 - Aequor signed an agreement with the EPA to test Aequor water treatments in hospital plumbing systems to combat AMR Legionella pneumophilathat becomes aerosolized and spreads Legionnaire's disease throughout the facility. The case fatality rate ranges from 5% to 80%.
- October 25, 2021 - Aequor was invited to join the DOD's Resilient Infrastructure + Secure Energy [RISE] Consortium. This will fund government energy and infrastructure projects under the Other Transaction Authority (OTA) mechanism, opening opportunities for government sub-contracts for Aequor.
- October 30, 2021 - as a new member of the SanDiego350’s Climate Action Plan/Renewable Energy, Transportation policy group, Aequor received public outreach training.
- November 1, 2021 - Aequor won an Air Force grant for the Phase I AFWERX program, solving problems of cleaning surfaces, biofuels, and biofuel storage and use systems and equipment.
- November 5, 2021 - Aequor joined a consortium presenting to DARPA a Phase I proposal for marine antifouling coatings.
- November 6, 2021 - Aequor is preparing a Phase I National Science Foundation grant for submission in February '22 in collaboration with major chemical manufacturing companies.
Aspen Biosciences, Mark Fortner
Aspen Biosciences has continued to grow over the last quarter with the addition of 7 new team members, to help with the explosive demand for custom applications, and integrated systems in the drug discovery and diagnostics industries. These new team members bring the company size up to 70. Throughout this year, the Aspen Biosciences teams have also made meaningful improvements to existing products such as Pharm2Market and Pipeline while beginning development on Delos, a new collaboration application coming soon to the Biotechnology in https://aspenbio.wordpress.com/2021/11/15/aspen-biosciences-quarterly-update/dustry. For more information