Conference: Clinical Trials in Gene Therapy
Gene Therapy is revolutionizing the current medicine and offers the opportunity to radically redefine what a “curable” disease is. There has been an increasing number of newly initiated gene therapy clinical trials over the last 10 years, and much more are expected to be approved in the next few years. Clinical trials are a critical step in these evaluations to assess the safety and efficacy of gene therapies and, ultimately, their ability to reach the market. Their completion requires coordination and collaboration among regulatory, clinician communities, investigators, at the international level.
The Clinical Trials in Gene Therapy French American Innovation Days (FAID) will bring together principal investigators, sponsors, and industry professionals to share their experience on all aspects of Clinical Trials in Gene Therapy, around a program of case-study presentations, interactive panel discussions and networking opportunities.
The two-day event will be divided into different sessions on clinical trials related to metabolic, neurodegenerative, eye, muscular, hematologic and oncologic disorders, giving the floor to attendees from France and from the USA.
- Stephanie Cherqui, PhD, Professor, Department of Pediatrics, UC San Diego School of Medicine
- Caroline Sevin, MD, PhD, Pediatric Neurologist, Assistance Publique–Hôpitaux de Paris, Institut du Cerveau ICM Paris
- Karim Belarbi, PharmD, PhD, Attaché for Science & Technology, Embassy of France in the United States
- Clara Devouassoux, Deputy Attachée for Science & Technology, Embassy of France in the United States
The Clinical trials in Gene Therapy FAID is intended for industry, academia, regulatory, clinician communities involved in gene therapy clinical trials. It is particularly dedicated to those involved or interested in international perspectives for the development of multicenter trials.
Areas of Intervention
- Presentation of clinical trials in gene therapy (planning, design and execution of clinical trials)
- Presentation of national clinical infrastructure
- Collaboration between academic and industry for the conduct of clinical trials in gene therapy
- Regulation and international
- expansion of gene therapy clinical trials
November 17, 2022 at 8:00am - November 19, 2022
2880 Torrey Pines Scenic Dr
La Jolla, CA 92121
Google map and directions